Experienced Tax And Business Law Representation
Filing taxes can be a bewildering process on its own, yet a correct return is often not enough to ensure that you have not overpaid or missed a strategic opportunity. When disputes arise, it often feels as if the government has all the power.
Taxpayers have rights, too. At The Peck Group, LC, our goal is to protect your rights while maximizing your tax outcome, and we have been doing just that for business and individual taxpayers since 1995.
We attribute our firm’s success in part to our focus on taxation and a select number of legal issues related to taxation. With 30 years of experience in state and federal tax law, we are prepared to handle even the most complex or unusual tax controversy. Contact us today for a free, half-hour consultation with a lawyer.
Our practice includes:
Resolution of IRS tax debts, including excessive penalties and interest charges, through agency appeals, litigation and representation before the U.S. Tax Court:
- Negotiated settlements
- Payment plans
- Offers in compromise
- Withdrawn or released tax liens
- Removal of wage garnishments and bank levies
- Relief of tax liability for innocent spouses, victims of identity theft and others
Representation in tax audits brought by the IRS and state-level tax authorities
Current and amended tax return preparation, including for those with unfiled returns from multiple years
Business employment taxation, including:
- Classifying workers as employees vs. independent contractors
- Avoiding trust fund recovery penalties and personal liability for payroll taxes
State tax issues, including avoiding personal liability for Georgia’s sales and use tax
Tax planning for individuals and organizations:
- Taxation and your choice of business entity
- Business succession planning
- Estate planning and taxation
- Probate and estate administration
Put Your Tax Problem In Experienced Hands: Contact Us Now
Whatever your question or concern, an attorney from The Peck Group, LC, will explain the law, outline your options and ensure that you understand what to expect. Schedule a free, half-hour consultation: Contact us online or call 770-884-6914.